- Reading about the pro’s/con’s of the SCOTUS situation. I’m interested in what other’s think, and to that end, put up a blog so that we can collect resources and have a dedicated comment string on that topic. SCOTUS Nomination/Confirmation WW Indivisible
- DailyKos – Tiffany sent me several links from this site, and the one yesterday with video of a congressional staffer saying that Indivisible “broke his Blackberry” made me laugh. I’m in! This is the largest progressive political community online. (Why did I wait?) I read the Rules of the Road and found them to be some of the best I’ve ever seen for mitigating the online spaces that we communicate in. #HashtagHeaven!
- Rep Cathy McMorris Rodgers: Since she doesn’t have a role in the nominations/confirmations process, I’m planning to daily ask her for a regular schedule of eastern Washington town hall meetings. What do you think?
- I’m really liking Countable. They lay out information on both sides of issues. I haven’t found much yet that helps with our Nominations/Confirmation focus, but all of the other information is useful in the bigger picture.
- DeVos Update: The Senate invoked cloture, which means that they have “up to 30 hours of post-cloture debate before a vote on confirmation.” Today they adjourned at 1:30 with this note: The Senate will convene at 12:00 Noon on Monday, February 6th and will proceed to a period of Morning Business for Leader remarks. Following Leader remarks, the Senate will proceed to an Executive Session to resume consideration of Cal. #11, Elisabeth P. DeVos to be Secretary of Education.