For everyone who DID something small or big, your efforts have been SUCCESSFUL. Because of YOU:
1. Federal hiring freeze is reversed for VA (Veteran Affairs).
2. Federal Court ordered a Partial stay of the immigration ban for those with valid visas. (this one is NOT over)
3. Green card holders can get back in country.
4. Uber pledged $3M and immigration lawyers for its drivers after #DeleteUber trends on Twitter. (They have a long way to go still.)
5. Obamacare (Affordable Care Act) enrollment ads are still going to air.
6. The ACLU raised 24M over the weekend (normally 3-4Mil/year).
7. HHS, EPA, USDA gag order lifted.
8. EPA climate data no longer scrubbed from website.
9. More people of different career/religious/economic/race backgrounds are considering running for political office than ever before.
10. MOST importantly, since we live in a participatory democracy, the people are engaged.
While more is needed, sometimes you have to celebrate your wins.
Stay vigilant, but also take self care seriously. Activist burnout is a thing. Marathon, don’t sprint. #resist #resistanceisbeautiful